Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Secret

Over the last sixteen years I have seen a lot in the car business. I have made some really good friends over the years as well.

When I first started as a salesman, I had no training at all. The Manager instructed me to grab a customer, take them on a demo ride and on the way back ask them "If all terms are agreeable can I earn your business today". Well after two weeks of not selling a single car I realized there was more to it than that.

Les Brown said "Whatever you are seeking is seeking you".

I became a student of the ideas, beliefs and practices of top producers in sales. Only about 10% in the automobile sales industry do things right. They are honest, they love their customers, they are professional, well groomed and their customers love them.

They seem to move from one transaction to another effortlessly while maintaining relationships with previous customers.

Seek first to make friends. Build relationships. When a connection is made, don't let people go. Stays in touch...build on it.

Do I ever screw up? Sure I do and when I do I work to make it right.

In this economy I sell more cars now than ever because of relationships.

Remember, "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care".

By Chris Justice with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

This div element has a background-image with background-repeat set to no-repeat. You can also try using repeat-x or repeat-y. To position the image, see background-position